- All contents posted on Central Weather Bureau Taiwan Southern Region Center Southern Region Weather Services Website (hereunder “the website”), except as prescribed by Article 9 of the Copyright Act concerning the matters which shall not be the subject matter of copyright (e.g. the Constitution, acts, regulation, proclamations and text of speeches prepared by civil servants in the course of carrying out their duties.), all other matters including text descriptions, photography, picture, audio recording, image and other information are protected by the Copyright Act. The objects not subject matter of copyright can be used freely by any individual, and we welcome usage in any form
- The information and contents on the website protected by Copyright Act, except as fair use, shall obtain consent or licensing by our bureau before use; object under usage involving works and its contents created by other copyright owners shall also obtain consent or licensing by the copyright owner before usage. The aforementioned “fair use” are explained as follows:
- (1) The works publicly released in the name of our bureau and posted on the website, meaning copyright owner the bureau, may, within a reasonable scope, be reproduced, publicly broadcast, or publicly transmitted; upon usage, please provide a clear indication of the source of the work.
- (2) Within a reasonable scope, where for nonprofit use by an individual or a family, the information on the website may be reproduced.
- (3) Within a reasonable scope, information on the website may be quoted where necessary for reports, comment, teaching, research, or other legitimate purposes; upon usage, please provide a clear indication of the source of the work.
- (4) For other fair use conditions, please refer to the regulations as prescribed from Article 44 to 65 of the Copyright Act.
- Except as conditions as prescribed in section 1, Article 80-1 of the Copyright Act where removal or alteration of electronic rights management information of the work is unavoidable in the lawful exploitation of the work given technological limitations at the time of the act; or where the removal or alteration is technically necessary to conversion of a recording or transmission system, electronic rights management information indicated by the website of our bureau may not be removed or altered without permission.
Links to the Website
- The Website is open for connection to the public. No consent of the SRWC is required, provided that the title of the SRWC shall be clearly indicated.
- Names, locations, and format of the files contained in the Website may be updated or amended at any time; therefore, we do not suggest links made to certain files (such as .htm files) or via automatic retrieve means to obtain the relevant information.
Third Party Sites
- The related links to non-SRWC websites provided in the Website are merely for the convenience of its users. The SRWC shall not be liable to any use of the contents thereof, and further shall not guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completion, and security of the websites.
- The SRWC promises, to the best of its efforts, to assure the timeliness and accuracy of the information it provided; however, the relevant information will, at any time, be revised or updated in accordance with the then current actual situation. The SRWC is not responsible to notify anyone of such revision or updating in advance. It shall be the user's responsibility to obtain the latest information, understand the relevant meanings and applying limitations, and correctly use such information in case any misinterpretation.
Due to the application natures of Internet, when a user visits the Website, please note if there is any proxy server provided by his internal system or ISP operators to view this Website. The SRWC may not resolve problems for users regarding those arising from the storage time of cache, preference settings or malfunction caused by such proxy server. The user shall contact the responsible unit to eliminate such barriers.